Puk Pret Pla means stir fried fish, and my brother and I loved this dish when we first tried it at my mom’s workplace (Asian Restaurant), now it’s a regular meal at my childhood home. I learned this recipe from my mom whom learned it from her boss who owns a restaurant. My mom makes this recipe probably once a month at home. I learned how to make it because my mom actually had time to teach me and because I have been wanting to learn how to make more Thai dishes. My boyfriend and his family love this recipe.
- Filet Fish
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Oyster Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Baking Flour
- The first step is to slice up all of the fish you need to use, which is about 3 fish for 4 servings. Slice it all up into evenly square pieces.
- Then put some baking flour into a small bowl and cover the fish pieces all in flour.
- Put about 2 inches of oil in a pan. Then wait a few minutes so the pan heats and slowly start to add a few pieces of fish in. Turn the fish after about 3 minutes or so. Wait until all of the pieces are golden before removing all of them.
- Chop up half a red and green bell pepper, and half a pound of mushrooms. Chop up one clove of garlica and half an onion.
- Then use a new pan, preferably a big pan. Start with a little bit of oil, and then add one clove of garlic or more to your preference then add a half an onion.
- Let that cook for a few minutes, then add the chopped bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- After a few minutes, add all of the few fish pieces.
- Then add a spoonful of oyster sauce, a teaspoon of sugar, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- After that stir everything together and cook until you think everything is perfectly blended.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!