Happy first day of October, which happens to be my favorite month of the year! My birthday is in 4 days and I love Halloween. It was the best holiday as a child and I still love everything about it, dressing up, handing out candy and the magic that comes with fall. I am beyond excited to blog every day and share more of my life with you guys!
This will be the first time I do Blogtober which I had never heard about, but thankfully I’m a part of the blogging community now and I learned of blogtober. I will be sharing autumn makeup looks, holiday activities, autumn look books, and so many other things.
To start off October here is a list of holiday-inspired activities:
- Buy a pumpkin to decorate any way you’d like
- Go out and start buying decorations for Halloween
- Pick out a costume
- Drink Fall/Autumn inspired drinks like the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Switch out the clothes in your closet and get all your autumn and winter clothes ready
- DIY decorations for your home and bedroom
- Carve a pumpkin
- Eat pumpkin pie because it’s October and you can now!!!
- Declutter your bedroom and home to get ready for the holidays
- Buy candy to hand out for Halloween before it’s all gone
- Take holiday-themed pictures with DIY props or by going to a kiosk
- Bring out your blankets because winter is around the corner
- Start buy fall makeup products like dark lipsticks
- Buy candles or start lighting candles to help get in the holiday spirit
- Upgrade your style by adding scarves, leggings, tights, jackets, boots
- Start saving money for holiday outfits and gifts
- Spend time with family preparing for the holiday
- Go watch new scary movies
- Go through a maze
- Wear fuzzy socks
- Look for sales on summer clothing to save money for next summer’s wardrobe
- Find new books to read since it’ll be the perfect weather to get cozy with a book
- Save canned food to donate to the homeless shelter or places collecting
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or community place in your town like a library
- Stay on top of work and school don’t let the holidays help you procrastinate
- Listen to holiday music (We did the mash…the monster mash)
- Enjoy Halloween themed treats like cookies and sweets
- Change your decorations and start planning DIY’s for the upcoming months
- Practice a healthy self-care routine
- Make some plans with friends to do something like picking pumpkins or going to a fair
- Celebrate Halloween by doing whatever you want!
How do you celebrate Halloween? What is your favorite thing to do in October?
What are you looking forward to the most?